[asterisk-users] connecting 66 analog phones to asterisk - hardware suggestions

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 11:23:46 CST 2009

Hi, I am looking to connect 66 analog phones to an asterisk box. I was
thinking of a Xorcom astribank 32port (2 of them and another 8 port).
this is because the phones have no near connection to an ip network,
so replacing the phones in favor of  voip phones+network cabling is
kinda out of the question.

In your experience, will these units support all the phones talking at
the same time with other units on the astribank, as well as to the
pbx, pstn, etc? The asterisk pbx will be a server-class Hp Proliant
unit (potentially a dl320). i must make sure the astribanks will not
die when fully utilized.

other hardware suggestions for this task will be nice.

thanks,