[asterisk-users] SMS /w Asterisk

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Tue Feb 10 09:15:42 CST 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Steve Totaro wrote:

>> In that case, you would not need Asterisk at all.  If you can create
>> call files can you hit a URL from your CRM as well?

Not really, the app cannot open a browser, but it can create a file on a
samba share quite easily.

Therefore going through asterisk seemed to be the way. Alternatively i
could try and recreate something similar like call files for asterisk,
have the crm app create a text file with the complete url in it and feed
the url to a browser like links.  However with my skills at writing
scripts being zero i thought that going through asterisk is the most
obvious way for me.

> If you wanted to go through Asterisk, I would think a call file that
> drop into a context with a FastAGI to your CRM that returns the text
> would be my approach, or similarly, through the manager interface.

OK, thanks, i will throw all that in Google-o-matic and see what comes up
:)