[asterisk-users] SMS /w Asterisk

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Tue Feb 10 08:23:14 CST 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Steve Totaro wrote:

> Kannel is probably the best way to go in the States, unless you want
> to sign up with an aggregator.
>
> I use Kannel and a bank of Sony Ericsson phones.  To send SMS, you
> just have to hit a URL on the Kannel server with a properly formatted
> URL.  I just use System() to call Lynx with the correct variables (the
> message you want to send).

Just out of curiosity, how did you transfer the text you want to SMS to
Asterisk? Can that be done through a call file? I want to SMS from a CRM
app, the CRM app can create call files but for security reasons i do not
want the sms server accessible from the network to each PC that can run
the CRM app.

On voip-info there are some affordable GSM adapters that also provide an
SMS server accessible by URL, i would like to do something similar like
you did, would you be willing to post your configs?

Thanks a 1,000,000 :)