[asterisk-users] asterisk registered as UA

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Mon Feb 9 16:50:37 CST 2009

Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 23:25 +0200, Szasz Szabolcs wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I registered my asterisk box to my SIP provider as an UA. For every
>> call I receive on this trunk, I get the message "That is not a valid
>> conference number". I'm using Asterisk version 1.4.22, I had install
>> the dahdi-linux and dahdi-tools and the conference is working between
>> the phones registered to Asterisk PBX.
>> What's wrong?
>> Thanks.
>>

> There is a problem some where in your configuration.  Please post your
> sip.conf, extensions.conf, and meetme.conf files.  You seem to be
> attempting to access a conference that is not configured (as the
> recording states).

The most important thing is to have a context=<context> directive in the
sip.conf entry for this connection so that asterisk knows where to route
the calls when received, then in that context you either must have
entries to the numbers callers from that connection might be dialing, or
at least includes to other contexts that contain said numbers.

--
Thank you and have any kind of day you want,

Anthony Francis
Rockynet VOIP