[asterisk-users] Allow-Automated-Answer (was: Re: AgentCallBackLogin no longer works after installing asterisk 1.6)

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Feb 6 17:47:46 CST 2009

Philipp Kempgen schrieb:
> Anthony Francis schrieb:

>> I like what he came up ,with however it doesn't replace the agent
>> callback login systems use of being able to make an agent press a key to
>> accept a call, very important when people are logging in via cell phone
>> and you don't their voice mail answering the call. In fact none of the
>> replacements do that. FAIL
>
> First of all: The voicemail acts on behalf of the subscriber.
> If they configure their voicemail to answer the call it's their
> fault.

SIP (and other protocols) should probably have a Voicemail
header which tells the other party if it's ok to answer the
call by automated means.
"Allow-Automated-Answer: voicemail, queue"
or some such.

	SIPAddHeader(Allow-Automated-Answer: no);
	Dial(SIP/${agent});

And it should be against regulation to let your voicemail or queue
answer a call if explicitly told not to do so.

I wonder if there is an RFC.

   Philipp Kempgen

--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de