[asterisk-users] extensions ending with "#"...

flux at hotbox.ru flux at hotbox.ru
Thu Feb 5 23:45:08 CST 2009

Benoit wrote:
> flux at hotbox.ru a écrit :
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> I've set up asterisk ip-pbx to implement IVR menu and encountered such a
>> problem: when users dial the destinaion phone number and end it up with
>> "#" asterisk still waits until timeout in WaitExten() is reached.
>>

> Well i don't see anything in the doc implying that the pound key should
> terminate the WaitExten timeout,
> however this is the case for Read() but it's not the same use
>> // Here comes the context where user is prompted for a dest. number:
>> context ivr-dialout {
>>      s => {
>> 	Background(enter-your-dest-number);
>>          WaitExten(15);
>>      };
>>
>>      _X. => {
>>          Dial(SIP/${EXTEN});
>>          Hangup;
>>      };
>>
>> How should I avoid this behavior and force asterisk not to wait for 15
>> seconds everytime and proceed dialing immediatly after pound key is
>> pressed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> Maybe a extension pattern like that:
>         _X.# =>
> This would help asterisk know that they he has a full extension match
> when reach the pound sign

Actually _X.# won't work, bacause this pattern will match any number.
"#" at the end of the pattern won't make sense. I've tried. So the thing
is I had to create an external application to handle numbers with "#"
and without "#" to issue a correct dial.

     _X. => {
         AGI(parseExten.agi);
         if(${AGISTATUS} = SUCCESS) {
             Dial(SIP/${EXTEN});
             Hangup;
         }
         Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:0:-1});
         Hangup;
     };

parseExten.agi in my case returns SUCCESS when a user didn't append "#"
and FAILURE when there's "#" symbol. If FAILURE is returned I get rid of
ending "#" and perform Dial().
AFAICS asterisk can't handle immediate dialing after a pound key is
pressed. The extension _X.[#]! that would perform this function doesn't
work.

Watch this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-dev@lists.digium.com/msg28135.html