[asterisk-users] How to set udptl.conf ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:13:22 CST 2009

2009/2/4 Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com>

> Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > voip-info.org <http://voip-info.org> is almost silent regarding
> > udptl.conf except with
> >  "Depending on your fax device (such as the Linksys 3102) you may have
> > to edit the udptl.conf file. The error correction type that is sent is
> > usually the culprit of many problems with ATAs and T.38 providers."
> >
> > Can anyone elaborate on this ?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> If you look at configs/udptl.conf.sample, all the options are outlined
> there,
> although the explanations are very brief. The most likely setting that is
> referred to on voipinfo is the T38FaxUdpEC setting. Possible values are
> t38UDPFEC and t38UDPRedundancy, with the former being the default. Looking
> at
> the code, it appears that the options are case-sensitive for udptl.conf,
> which
> is quite a bit different from the rest of Asterisk, so be sure to get the
> case
> correct.
>
> Mark Michelson

Something is worrying me a bit about this :

if T38FaxUdpEC value in udptl.conf is device-dependent, then how can you set
different values when using different devices :
device A needs t38UDPFEC
device B needs t38UDPRedundancy
then which value in udptl.conf ?

(when asking this, I'm implying Asterisk is a B2BUA and receives/transmit
each T.38 call leg.
I'm understanding this correctly ?)