[asterisk-users] Crash Hard, Crash Often

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Feb 5 09:24:22 CST 2009

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Josiah Bryan wrote:
>> I've been using asterisk for 3+ years now, I love it, but it doesnt love
>> me back. :-)
>>

> The first place I usually start is with memtest86

Here, here!

Every time I have had problems with a system (not just Asterisk)
crashing and there is nothing in the logs it turns out to be hardware.

One slight exception was where a UPS would brownout every so often
causing the system to go out to lunch.  Even though there were three
power supplies in that system someone (not me) had _forgot_ to put them
on separate UPS' ... they were all on one.

Actually, that is hardware, just not in the system case.

So check your hardware.

Rod