[asterisk-users] no need to dial areacode

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 08:26:20 CST 2009

On Thursday, February 5, 2009, Ralf Träskman wrote:

> To dial an outside line i have to dial 0. I want to have that when
> we dial local numbers, that is we are in the 08 area, I don’t want
> to have to dial 08, how to set this up in asterisk 1.6?

I have this in Asterisk 1.4. My local area numbers are all six digits
long and may not start with a zero or a one. So this works for me:

exten => _NXXXXX,n,Dial(${LocalArea}/${LocalCode}${EXTEN})

Where ${LocalArea} is the trunk I've defined in [globals] and
${LocalCode} is my local area code.

BTW, if you're careful about selecting your internal extensions, you
should never have to dial 0 (or 9) to get an outside line. In my case,
I've only got a few extensions, so 201 .. 209 are reserved for
individual extensions and 211 to 219 are reserved for ring groups. The
trick is to choose extensions that don't clash with anything outside
your system that you're likely to dial.

HTH,

--
Geoff