[asterisk-users] Need some information on SS7 parameters

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Feb 3 23:09:42 CST 2009

research at businesstz.com wrote:
> Can someone assist me on this please?
>

>> Hello List
>>
>> I am setting up a small demo site using SS7 and one of the requirement is
>> to be able to unhide the numbers and locate exact location of the caller
>> (BTS ID). Vodafone uses Nokia-Siemens switch and has confirmed that the
>> parameters will be sent to the us.
>>
>> I just want to know how do read those information from the dialplan to be
>> able to present them to the Agent

It depends on what parameter this information is encoded inside.

If you can find out the name of the parameter, we could probably answer
your question.

The likely answer is that we probably do not decode/expose this
parameter to the dialplan at this time, but adding and exposing
parameters is not a very hard thing to do.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.