[asterisk-users] early dial: asterisk and ATA

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 11:04:20 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 2/1/09, Ex Vito <ex.vitorino at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm trying to do the same in the SPA8000 units but
> without any luck. If anyone is doing something similar with
> this device then I'd appreciate it if you could share
> your relevant config options (dial pattern, etc.).
> >

>   Not sure about the SPA8000, but the SPA devices I know
> (phones +
>   2102 ATA) all have a per line Dial Plan paramenter that
> will allow you
>   to acheive that behaviour.
>
>   Check link sys ATA / Phone Admin Guides.

I did but apparently, there's nothing in the guides that lets me do this.
It's something about "supporting 484 responses" that Grandstream GXW4008 seems to do and Linksys SPA8000 doesn't (or at least it's not documented).
In other words, the SPA8000's L1-L8 "Dial Plan" parameter only allows for matches to be performed entirely on the device and not via "484 ADDRESS INCOMPLETE responses" with Asterisk's dial patterns.

Vieri