[asterisk-users] Contact lookup

Geoff Lane geoff at gjctech.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:04:59 CST 2009

Hi All,

Asterisk 1.4.12 on CentOS 5

I'd like to be able to look up each incoming CLI to retrieve an
associated name, if available, and then pass that to the extensions so
that they can see both the name and number of the caller. I'm not
after LDAP or anything else maintained externally, just a contact
lookup for my system.

I suspect that Astdb could be used for this, as could a relational
database like MySQL or postgres (accessed via AGI?) Probably simpler
would be to maintain a text configuration file since I'm only
concerned about less than a hundred entries initially.

I'd appreciate insight into which is the easiest way to do this, and
also any pointers to tutorials etc.

TIA,

--
Geoff