[asterisk-users] Sending Calls via SIP trunk from two different IP addresses from same Asterisk Machine

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Feb 3 06:01:20 CST 2009

bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> writes:

> My provider has one IP and one port ONLY, I need to send for him the
> calls from different IP's on the same Asterisk machine, how?

You would have to run two instances of Asterisk to achieve that right
now.

1) You can't distinguish on source port (Asterisk will send all SIP
queries from one port, I believe; the alternative is that it will pick
a random port, and that is worse...)

2) You can't distinguish on destination port (your provider only has
one)

3) You can't distinguish on destination IP (your provider only has
one)

So you're down to code modifications or running two Asterisks. Or
switching provider; it sounds pretty broken to me.

/Benny