[asterisk-users] Quiet 24 port POE gig switch

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Mon Feb 2 20:31:57 CST 2009

> >Lets start with some logical points here:
> >
> >1) 24 Ports x 15.4W/Port = 369.4Watts + Switch Power = ~400Watts... now
> >Power Supply isn't that efficient so you're getting probably a 500Watt
> >Power Supply (assuming 80%)...
>
> It'd still be a 400W PSU if it supplies 400W.
>
> >2) with a 1U chassis, you can't blow air up or down... only front and
> >back.. so you're stuck with a 40mm fan..
>
> And the sides...
>
> ... you can fit a muffin fan horizontally as suggested and allow it
> to draw in or to blow air at the top or botton within the height of
> the 1U.  Muffin fans are 25 to 35 mm "high".

This whole thread is getting stupid and I'd hope the people involved would
desist from this O/T drivel.

If you want a switch go to the shop, hand over some money and buy one... Like
every one else does and they're perfectly happy with their purchase.

The O.P. is not going to change the world and quite frankly the
designer/manufacturer of the product knows a lot more about the subject then
they do....