[asterisk-users] Quiet 24 port POE gig switch

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Sun Feb 1 13:22:49 CST 2009

I guess one would have to ask whether 1000 Gb is necessary.  That's a lot of bandwidth.  It might make sense to use it for central distribution.  There are also some that have one or two 1000 Gb ports that might be appropriate for trunking and the rest 100 Mb which is probably fast enough for terminal nodes.  That combination would be less power hungry.

On the other hand if this is for HDTV multichannel distribution, then I retract what I said.

Wilton