[asterisk-users] problem with ring being sent to caller

Prince Singh prince at drishti-soft.com
Thu Dec 31 00:52:11 CST 2009

Since you have 'answered' the caller's call, so the ring cannot be sent as a
signal to the caller.. Instead, it is sent in media. Asterisk does the ring
generation in audio for you.

You can control and configure the type of ring that asterisk generates by
configuring indications.conf

To start with, you can change:-

country=us

country=sg

Restart or reload asterisk and see if the 'ring' now sounds less harsher.

Read more at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+indications.conf

--
Regards,