[asterisk-users] Monitoring SIP & Skype connections

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Wed Dec 30 09:12:00 CST 2009

I have an Asterisk 1.4.2 server with 3 different SIP providers and
Asterisk for Skype gateway installed.  Periodically the SIP providers go
offline for some reason, or the Skype connection fails.

When this happens, I lose my SIP registration to the provider.
Unfortunately I don't know this has happened until someone eventually
contacts me to say, "I tried to call you but it didn't work".  This, of
course, sends the wrong message to the caller and I have no way to
determine if I'm using a reliable SIP provider or not as I have no
statistical log of their uptime.

What I'm trying to find is how others monitor the uptime status of any
external SIP providers or gateways that they use.  Are there tools or
add-ons available for this that will email me when a SIP registration
goes offline?

Any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Myles
--
Myles Wakeham