[asterisk-users] multiple instances of asterisk on same machine

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Dec 30 08:11:02 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 04:59:11PM +0500, Saeed Akhtar wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have a little problem.... I'm using asterisk with opensips as opensips
> dispatches calls to asterisk. I have to use multiple asterisk servers but
> since for the time being im using 1 machine for testing i want to run
> different instances of asterisk running on 1 pc listening to different
> ports.

Just for listening on different ports? With different dialplans? With
different logs?

> Can someone please guide me how to do this? I'll be very thankful

asterisk.conf (and the command-line option for using a custom location
for one) is your friend.

Do make sure every instance gets its own astvarrundir. Otherwise strange
things would happen when you attempt to have more than one instance
running.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com