[asterisk-users] T.38 and Linksys SPA8000

Vinícius Fontes vinicius at canall.com.br
Tue Dec 29 05:44:46 CST 2009

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to set up a SIP DID on a customer, which uses T.38 for faxing. Voice is working great, but I never configured anything using T.38 in Asterisk so I'm kinda lost.

On my googling I found out that would be best letting the Linksys SPA8000 (for those that don't know, it's identical to the PAP2 but with 8 ports instead of 2) and the telco negotiate with each other. Tried using canreinvite=yes but I still get transmission errors.

Here's the relevant parts of my sip.conf (the telco trunk and the extension connected to the fax machine). If anyone has a working, in production, setup similar to what I'm trying to do here and don't mind sharing how it was configured, I would appreciate it a lot.

Many thanks in advance.

[voxip]
username=*******
type=peer