[asterisk-users] Looking at Asterisk for 8000sq/ft residential use

jeremiah johnson naikrovek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:52:30 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Rick Huebner <rick at rhuebner.com> wrote:
> My brother-in-law is finishing up his McMansion

[snip]

Asterisk can do all you wish, easily.  I've not had any experience
with any Asterisk hardware, never tied a physical line into an
asterisk system, but based on what I've learned in #asterisk and on
this list, it's nothing to be afraid of, fax and all.  I've got a
crummy trixbox system set up at work, and have all of this set up on
that system.

If I ever build a house on my own, or move into one with existing Cat5
throughout, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be putting phones
everywhere, and hooking them up to my wee little asterisk laptop.
Two-way paging, Intercom, etc.

Get rj45 jacks everywhere, and in the few places you'll need them,
make the rj45-rj11 adapter cables.

Personally, I recommend Polycom SoundPoint IP phones.

Jeremiah