[asterisk-users] Realtime mysql extensions mutiple queries for each priority?

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:09:15 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm testing some realtime extension apps with Asterisk 1.4.28 and
addons 1.4.10 using res_mysql.  Localhost database is 5.0.32 with
Debian Etch.  The apps are working fine all syntax is proper, using
Set with (REALTIME) function, Set with (CUT) function, calling a Macro
with s extensions, and using a few pattern matching extensions as
well.  I can certainly detail all database rows if needed, but it is
all pretty standard dialplan stuff, nothing too fancy.  I built apps
in extensions.conf first to ensure they all work, then migrated them
to the database, they work there as well.

I turned on console debug to see the actual mysql queries and to my
surprise and concern, I see every query for an extension priority
repeated 3 or more times prior to dialplan execution.  For instance my
first dialplan activity is all extracted from the database:

context		exten	pri	app	appdata
dpdefault14	_991X	1	NoOp	INBOUND CALL FROM SIPP
dpdefault14	_991X	2	NoOp	TRUNK-${EXTEN:0:2} DID-${EXTEN:2}
dpdefault14	_991X	3	Set	CALLERID(number)=600
dpdefault14	_991X	4	Answer
dpdefault14	_991X	5	Goto	${EXTEN:2}|1

Each priority is queried several times before executing.  Here is a
sample of the first 2 priorities on a pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/m54c9c41e

I would not think this is normal activity as I can query the database
directly once and get a valid response.  I don't have any realtime
mysql connections issues that I can see, no errors in the logs and
console status is:

test1-6*CLI> realtime mysql status
Connected to astclust at 127.0.0.1, port 3306 with username root for 1
hours, 7 minutes, 28 seconds.
[Dec 28 18:06:50] DEBUG[8664]: res_config_mysql.c:657 mysql_reconnect:
MySQL RealTime: Everything is fine.
test1-6*CLI>

Any guidance on trouble shooting this will be appreciated.

Thanks.

JR
--
JR Richardson