[asterisk-users] Multiple Digium cards with one NFAS trunkgroup

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:45:40 CST 2009

Hi list,

Ive got a server with 6 ports on it (4+2 port card) we have a DS3 delivering
all voice DS1's to us. Carrier has a trunkgroup for the first 8 span (we
only have the first 6 plugged in right now). Everything works fine until we
fail the primary D channel (D's are on 24,48) the secondary then picks up
and outbound calls do not work, if we reboot Asterisk the D on 48 comes up
and it works fine, but we have to reboot, a reload chan_zap.so or no
interaction causes all outgoing calls to fail and no inbound audio.

Any ideal on what would cause this? I tried the latest Zaptel and then a
older version to, same issue.

Here is what the config files look like, any help would be great on this,
ive Googled and can't seem to find what else to try!

zaptel.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs