[asterisk-users] compile issues.

Aditya Kumar adityakumar345 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 25 11:42:20 CST 2009

Hi Tzafrir Cohen.,

I changed the path and did a config.
 ./configure --prefix=$HOME/asterisk

but when I do make install:
I still get the same error...

tar: vm-undeleted.gsm: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: vm-unknown-caller.gsm: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: vm-whichbox.gsm: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: vm-youhave.gsm: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
make[1]: *** [/home/aditya/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/.asterisk-core-sounds-en-gsm-1.4.16] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aditya/asterisk-1.6.2.0/sounds'
make: *** [datafiles] Error 2

I still have the same error.
I am ok with bad audio initially..
All I am looking is to make it compile and do some calls.