[asterisk-users] compile issues.

James Stocks stocksy at stocksy.co.uk
Fri Dec 25 07:37:04 CST 2009

On 25 Dec 2009, at 11:36, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:

> ----- "Aditya Kumar" <adityakumar345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> No. I am not installing as ROOT.
> I dont want to install in ROOT? if so what all should I do>

You need to become root in order to build and install Asterisk.  This doesn't mean that you have to run Asterisk as root after it is installed.  The default locations for Asterisk files are sane and sensible for the majority of systems.  If you are trying to do something special, perhaps you can elaborate a little so that we can assist better?