[asterisk-users] Inquiry:Connect my Asterisk to external sip?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:16:30 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM, David Cunningham <dcunningham at voisonics.com
> wrote:

> AsteriskWin32 does have SIP server functionality, same as the linux
> version.
>
> I can't think of any reason why having your CentOS Asterisk be both client
> and server and register with itself wouldn't work.
> Although I am wondering how much help all this will be in debugging a
> connection problem to another SIP provider...
>

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:55 PM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24 at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>  On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM, David Cunningham <
>> dcunningham at voisonics.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hadi,
>>>
>>> You could use Asterisk as a sip server, it's installable on Windows.
>>>
>>> Using "sip set debug on" might help you with the "Host '192.168.0.139'
>>> does not implement 'REGISTER'" problem.

>>> --
>>> David Cunningham
>>> Voisonics
>>> IVR development, VOIP consultancy
>>> http://voisonics.com/
>>> US toll-free: +1 888 842 2720
>>> UK: +44 (0) 20 3411 5024
>>> Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 2180

>> I downloaded & installed the AsteriskWin32 PBX but it doesn't have sip
>> server functionality . Can you please propose for an alternative to be used
>> on the MS Windows client as external sip server for my Asterisk on CentOS ?
>> Thank you

> --
> David Cunningham
> Voisonics
> IVR development, VOIP consultancy
> http://voisonics.com/
> US toll-free: +1 888 842 2720
> UK: +44 (0) 20 3411 5024
> Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 2180

With many thanks for your reply , can you please confirm if the following
scenario will work this way ?
"My Asterisk on CentOS server is at @192.168.20.110 so I modified the
sip.conf & extensions.conf as the followings to let the Asterisk to be both
as client and server :
Under sip.conf :
---------------------
register => toronto:welcome at osaka
[osaka]
type=friend
username=toronto
authname=toronto
secret=welcome
context=sip-outgoing
host=192.168.20.110
disallow=all
allow=alaw

Under extensions.conf :
[sip-outgoing]
exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/osaka/${EXTEN})

Then I issued the following :
CLI>console dial 1234567 at sip-outgoing
But it didn't get through . Can you please do me favor and let me know what
is my problem that I cannot get answer from this scenario at the Laboratory
?
Thank you