[asterisk-users] NICE analog recorders

Kelvin Chan kelvinc at positronics.com
Wed Dec 23 20:42:46 CST 2009

Hi list,

We have a client that wants to hook up their SIP trunks to their
existing NICE (seattle based company) analog phone recorder. Whenever
they make a phone call using their SIP provider, they want this
conversation to be played out to NICE recorder.

I currently have a hack using an FXS for every seat. Using mixmonitor()
to record calls, a while loop runs in the FXS' dialplan as soon as
asterisk starts and play it out as soon as it sees it.

and of course, some transformer hack to terminate the 600ohm FXS with a
hi-Z recorder line.

It hasn't been giving me much headaches except astribank crashes every
now and then. about once a month. However, it got me thinking. There
gotta be a neater and better way.

Any suggestions?

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

--