[asterisk-users] TDM 400 hardware(?) issue

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Wed Dec 23 15:04:31 CST 2009

Hi

I use one of these http://www.soekris.com/net5501.htm fairly cheap to
buy and to run, I have a tdm410 in there and it has worked flawlessly

I am running debian i386 on the box - it also doubles as my
firewall/router/vpn/adsl box.

I do have one problem with the box (but I have seen on other boxes as
well), when the adsl drops it causes a ip loop (6to4 routing), which
hoggs irq's this in turn causes a software bug in the dahdi/zaptel
driver which means I have to reload the dahdi/zaptel module in asterisk
- easy to capture (do it with ppp-up)

Alex

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:53:02AM -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
> >  the machine will lock up because the TDM board or the Dahdi
> > driver goes south. /var/log/messages starts filling up with repeated
> > messages:
> >
> > kernel: TDM PCI Master abort

[snip]