[asterisk-users] fax problem

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Dec 23 11:48:00 CST 2009

BERGANZ François wrote:

> I need to send a tiff via fax with my asterisk 1.6.1.0.
>
> I tried in the dialplan
>

> [default]
>
> exten => _X.,1,SendFax(/root/test.tiff)
>

> but I have:
>
> salledeconf1*CLI> console dial 111 at default

You are not going to be able to use SendFax on a console channel driver,
unless you've got your console audio somehow hooked to a FAX machine. In
any case, the messages you got are not from SendFax, they are from
chan_oss, and you'll need to investigate that. This problem is not
related to your use of FAX, so it's not a 'fax problem'.

If I had to guess, I would suspect this is because chan_oss claims that
it can switch to signed linear audio mode (so Asterisk does not use a
translation path to achieve that), but can't actually do it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com