[asterisk-users] Asterisk Release Time Frames

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Dec 22 08:22:50 CST 2009

Greetings,

Asterisk 1.6.2.0 was released last week.  It's time to revisit release
plans for both current and future Asterisk releases.

For the past few months, there have been discussions regarding some
updates to Asterisk release policies.  You can find my original -dev
list post on this topic here [1].

I also spoke about this as part of my presentation at AstriCon, which
you can find a text version of on the Asterisk project blog [2].

After much positive feedback, we have proceeded with implementing these
policy updates.  I made some additional comments on this topic and noted
plans for next major release yesterday [3].

The key things to note are that all current Asterisk releases now have a
specified end of life date.  Future releases will have EOL dates from
their initial release.  For additional details regarding maintenance
time frames for Asterisk releases, please see the project web site [4].

Thank you all very much for your continued support of Asterisk!

--------

[1] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2009-October/040082.html

[2]
http://blogs.asterisk.org/2009/11/10/asterisk-project-update-astricon-2009/

[3] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2009-December/041336.html

[4] http://www.asterisk.org/asterisk-versions

--------

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager, Open Source Software