[asterisk-users] Making a data connection with Asterisk

Will Payne will at teambadger.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 04:57:36 CST 2009

Hi all,

We need to start obtaining some billing files from BT via a dial-up ISDN connection and I'm wondering if Asterisk is capable of doing this?

I need to make an ISDN dial-up CHAP connection and, once connected, grab some files over FTP. Currently, our Asterisk box is connected to an ISDN30 with a Zaptel card.

This may be a downright stupid question but I'm trying to find out if Asterisk can be of any use..

Any info or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will