[asterisk-users] TDM 400 hardware(?) issue

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Dec 21 22:51:20 CST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> If my Wildcard TDM board is bad, is there anything I can do about it, or
> am I just S.O.L. after this much time? The blasted card costs as much as
> a new machine; either way I can't afford it right now. I don't want to
> abandon asterisk as it has so many nice features, but I am running low
> on alternatives at the moment.

You could try purchasing just the base TDM410 card and move your old modules
over from the old card to the new.  A little looking around has revealed
somebody selling a "like new" card for $139:
http://www.metrolinedirect.com/digium-tdm410p.html

The TDM410 is a better card than the TDM400, both because it has a better PCI
mastering chip, as well as because it uses a technology called VoiceBus(tm) to
deliver better performance when interrupts are missed, an event that the old
TDM400 and TDM400 clones cannot handle without causing audio quality issues.

Full disclosure, here:  I do work for Digium, which makes the TDM410.  I'll
additionally make the guarantee that if the card doesn't work for you, I'll
buy the TDM410 base card from you, for the same price that you paid.  How's
that for a no-risk offer?

--
Tilghman Lesher