[asterisk-users] Looking for some example dialplans

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Mon Dec 21 12:04:04 CST 2009

I have an Asterisk system setup for our small business, and its working
well.  I posted to the list about a week or so ago, regarding having it
handle direct extension dialing, and unfortunately I'm not any closer to
solving this issue, so I was hoping someone might have a working example
of how to set this up they could point me towards.

Basically I have everything EXCEPT direct extension dialing working.
What I mean by this is that a caller gets an ACD menu when they come
into the phone system, (1 for sales, 2 for support, 3 for customer
service, and 8 for directory of employees).

I have setup extensions with 4 digit numbers, all beginning with 6 (ie.
6001, 6002, etc.).  I was hoping that I could capture the first digit
entered as a 6 which doesn't correspond with a menu option, and then get
the next 3 digits and dial the appropriate extension.  Unfortunately
that's not working because the system isn't quick enough to process and
deal with additional digit entry without dropping a digit or two.

I was told to use wildcard maskings like this _XXXX for the extension,
which I attempted over the weekend.  Unfortunately the second I hit a
digit that wasn't in the menu options, it dropped the call.

What I have that is working at the moment is this:

; Calls during business hours
exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=1)
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Background(01-welcome_mod)
exten => s,n,WaitExten(3)
exten => s,n,Goto(ts_operator,s,1)

; User pressed 1 - sales
exten => 1,1,Wait(1)
exten => 1,n,Goto(ts_sales,s,1)

etc

What I need to know is what to change this to (exactly) so that it will
allow up to 4 digits to be entered, but on the first one being entered,
it is validated against the phone menu options.

Does anyone have any example dialplans that show how to do an ACD menu,
with direct extension dialing supported as well they could point me towards?

Myles
--
Myles Wakeham