[asterisk-users] script

Roman roman.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:18:26 CST 2009

2009/12/21 Thomas Perron <thomas.perron at gmail.com>:
> I want to have Asterisk Dial individual numbers and play a recording
> if each answers.
> If they don't answer then the code rolls to the next number.
>
> Should I set up a spreadsheet somewhere and load with the numbers?
> Or, an AGI script?
>
> 1.  Dial number 1
> 2.  If connect, then play message
> 3.  If connect, finish message and move to next number
> 4.  Dial 1 - 10,000 in succession

I've developed several solutions using a combination of AMI to
originate calls and AGI to personalize messages. If message is the
same for all destinations, you can skip using AGI. And if you need to
make the calls just once you might want to take a look at asterisk
call files instead of AMI, probably they will suit your needs,
depending on how much control do you need over the calls.

Roman
blog: http://it-result.me