[asterisk-users] Live CD - do you think they are worth doing?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 20 12:04:23 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 06:20:11PM +0100, Randy R wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> > However the writable storage also allowed us in our live CD to save some
> > minimal configuration on the media. We have a CD version and a "USB"
> > version of our live system, which are basically the same. The system
> > configures a working Asterisk server with a web interface and a ssh
> > server. Those two use some default user and password (which are
> > hard-wired - after-all, some remote user has to use them, and we don't
> > want to assume there's a local user at the keyboard).
> >

> Would you say you've found it well worth making the Live CD
> available,then? (Sounds like you have.) By that I mean, there is a
> definite audience for it?

In our case: the main "audience" is our customers, who get a copy of it
with every device. This has shown itself as a very effective step of
reducing support costs: we can't easily set up a system for everyone.
But with a live system, it's mostly easy to tell a hardware issue from a
software issue.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com