[asterisk-users] Live CD - do you think they are worth doing?

Gourav Shah freedomyug at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 10:49:45 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Randy R <randulo2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM, jon pounder <jonp at inline.net> wrote:
> > Live usb sticks are another matter (assuming your bios actually reliably
> > boots them) at least you can save your changes and pickup where you left
> > off the next time.
>
> Excellent point, thanks!
>

> Yeah, makes a lot of sense from this perspective to have a live usb stick.
However, cds are much cheaper to usb drives.

 Live  CD's are good to give a demo to someone who does not want to go
through the process of installing and configuring the application, which is
hard for a layman. For a complex product like asterisk, I would rather get a
live cd, pop it in, get it to work quickly and when I am happy with the
demo, I could go into   the details of installation.

 Ofcourse, for a application which is just straightforward as installing
from a package manager, live cd's are of little use.

I am a power user, but I have seen people using live cd's to just get a hang
of things.

Thanks
Gourav