[asterisk-users] Nortel BCM - Call Accounting Interface?

Alex Bell voicesense at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 04:57:42 CST 2009

 Dear List,
      Need to know if anyone on this list has had any experience with using
the Nortel BCM 50 for Call Account Reporting using an IP connection to a
Linux / Asterisk interface? Presently, I have a BCM 50 installed that uses a
local Lenova Small Form Factor PC with a windows XP / os that quit reporting
because of a up-grade to the Nortel reporting software. Nortel support is
now telling me that my PC needs to be up-graded for it to work with the
newly patched reporting software. Nortel as far as I know is a Windows only
shop and uses IIS and a utility to pull the data stream out of the BCM and
into the local pc that uses MSSql. What I'm looking to accomplish is use a
virtual machine running * and MySql to pull the call data. I'm aware that
Nortel use proprietary sw, but was wondering if any Nortel Guru on the list
has had any luck using * and a 3rd party call accounting software to share?

 Thanks for any help, suggestions or directions on where to find help you
can provide.
 Al