[asterisk-users] Call Waiting With Draytek ATA

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Fri Dec 18 12:28:29 CST 2009

Greetings all-

I've got a rather odd situation and would like to know if anyone can shed some light on the issue.

Some background- I've got an * system running 1.4.11 (yes I know it's older.. upgrades are planned at some point...). I also have a remote user with a cordless phone connected to a Draytek ATA device.

When this user is on a call and receives another call via call waiting, they use the 'flash' button on their phone to switch to the other call. When this occurs, music on hold is started for the first call, and the second call is connected. However, at this point music on hold suddenly stops and audio from both calls can be heard together (and is rather garbled). Then, hitting flash again, call 2 is disconnected and call 1 is connected again. BUT, only one way audio(inbound to the user) is available on the first call now.

I thought it could be a problem with MoH and ensured that was setup properly. Still the same problem. Then, I thought it could be a problem with the version of Asterisk I was running. As it turns out, a separate system running 1.2.13 works perfectly.

So, at this point, I have to ask... are there any known issues like this that have been fixed in later versions than what I'm running? I know I'll probably receive a general blanket statement like "upgrade to the latest" but what I'm looking for is solid proof that an upgrade will fix it (something from the bug tracker maybe?). Or, maybe I'm going about this the wrong way and its something configured wrong elsewhere and * is not at fault?

All thought and comments welcome. Thank you!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105