[asterisk-users] IAX/NEW delays

Stanisław Pitucha stanislaw.pitucha at gradwell.com
Fri Dec 18 07:24:03 CST 2009

Hi,
Could someone tell me where are the good places in chan_iax to put trace
points when I experience strange delays in NEW processing?

I tried to output some debug after every stage of socket_process / case
IAX_COMMAND_NEW, but it all takes max 30ms. However, sometimes in a
normal call I get an extreme delay though (around 10 seconds), if I can
believe the timestamp field... Do you know any good places to look at in
ast-1.4?

Or maybe someone had this problem before and can tell me what can cause
delays that long.

Thanks,
Stan