[asterisk-users] Feature Request: GotoIfTimeWithOffset

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Dec 18 02:11:22 CST 2009

2009/12/18 Barry Miller <asterisk-users at notanet.net>

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 12:23:22AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> >
> > Today, this IVR is using function AEL GotoIfTime in several places.
> > The problem is if it's 11pm at the moment I'm testing this IVR, I can't
> > nicely test the 9am or 2pm branch.
> >
> > Suggestions ?
>
> How about setting, say, LUNCHTIME to "23:00-23:59" and using
> GotoIfTime(${LUNCHTIME},...) until you're ready to go live?
>
> I try to do this when there are multiple GotoIfTime's referencing
> the same interval in a dialplan.  Companies change their minds about
> things like lunch times, working hours, shift changes all the time,
> and this makes it easier to change down the road.

You're right.

In my case I've got a dozen of opening and closing times :
9h00 - 12h00 for service1
9h00 - 13h00 for service2

When 2 services MUST share the same opening and closing times, then your
suggestion is very interesting.
When 2 services HAPPEN to share the same opening and closing times, IMHO,
keeping separate variables seems more adapted.

What makes me express this Feature Request is that, for testing purpose,
changing 10 time variables without any mistake is possible but difficult :
having a separate offset parameter you can change at will, seems more secure
and easy.

Chad's suggestion (focusing on an offset for hours) is very smart as it
relies on existing dialplan functions and serves my original goal (create
artificial conditions for testing without changing a line in dialplan after
testing).

I will also patch my Asterisk source code and report here, my experience to
Tilghman's patch.

Thanks for all