[asterisk-users] Feature Request: GotoIfTimeWithOffset

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:34:45 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I was testing an IVR, I realized I miss a function I would call
> GotoIfTimeWithOffset.
>
> Today, this IVR is using function AEL GotoIfTime in several places.
> The problem is if it's 11pm at the moment I'm testing this IVR, I can't
> nicely test the 9am or 2pm branch.
>
> GotoIfTimeWithOffset would get 2 incoming arguments :
> - the first is a time range (just like GotoIfTime),
> - the second is a duration offset which you could delay or "rewind" time.
>
> After testing, you would just have to set this offset to 0, to get a
> production-ready dialplan, without changing a line.
>

> Suggestions ?

It's a novel idea.

Previously, I've always had a parallel, weaker test system. (these
day, systems are so good you could just use a virt).

When I want to test out time conditions, I build them there and change
the hardware clock, then restart asterisk as playing with the hardware
clock seems to screw up playing messages. In this manner I'm really
testing the time conditions, with copy and paste-able dialplan.