[asterisk-users] Feature Request: GotoIfTimeWithOffset

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Dec 17 19:28:16 CST 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Olivier wrote:

> Today, this IVR is using function AEL GotoIfTime in several places. The
> problem is if it's 11pm at the moment I'm testing this IVR, I can't
> nicely test the 9am or 2pm branch.

Wouldn't a "set time" function be more usefull?

You could set the time in a single place in your dialplan and you wouldn't
have to worry about an extended debugging session exceeding your offset
and executing the wrong section of code.

You could even make its execution conditional on your ANI (for example) so
you could test your dialplan without interferring with production callers.

--
Thanks in advance,