[asterisk-users] Can't get G.729 to work...

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Dec 17 09:41:20 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 07:53:47PM +0000, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Ben Schorr wrote:
>
> > O.K., interestingly enough when I call our extensions from my mobile
> > phone it still seems to be using ULAW, but when they dial out it seems
> > to be using G.729 now.
> >
> > Is there something in Dahdi that I need to configure so that inbound
> > calls (from the PRI on a Digium TE205) use G.729 to get to the phones
> > too?
>
> A Dahdi channel over a PRI will always be ulaw - that is the encoding on
> the PRI (at least in the US).

For the record: in most other parts of the world it is actually alaw.
But anyway, both ulaw and alaw have very similar charasteristics, so
basically a 's/ulaw/alaw/' or 's/ulaw/ulaw,alaw/' on on config snippets
in this thread would generally work if you want to apply them to the
AS :-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com