[asterisk-users] SIP to Analog Devices

Brian Cline Brian at nw.brian.fm
Wed Dec 16 22:16:21 CST 2009

Hello,

I'm running Asterisk v1.6.1.11 internally with a few Linksys SIP
phones and will be receiving a machine containing a Dialogic card
for a development project (in a nutshell, the card receives analog
calls while the accompanying software handles automated prompts,
etc). The Dialogic card is not SIP-based but will work with an
analog line, so I'm looking into adapters that act themselves as SIP
devices but provide an analog port on the other end so that I can
internally dial that device's extension, and thus interact with the
Dialogic card as though I had a basic POTS line attached.

Mostly looking for input and recommendations on these kinds of
adapters. Here are a few I've found so far.

* Cisco/Linksys PAP2T - appears to be locked into specific
mainstream VoIP vendors. Seems to be confirmed with

* Cisco/Linksys SPA2101 and SPA3102 - looks promising, but not clear
from the product literature whether either is just a straight SIP
device and not VoIP vendor specific.

Can anyone provide input on these, or other recommendations for this
kind of device -- or in the event I am totally wrong about whether
this would actually work, suggest alternatives?

Many thanks.

Brian