[asterisk-users] Help forcing crosstalk

JT djklutter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:02:29 CST 2009

Hey List-ee's!

We're on Asterisk 1.2 with a PRI/T1 and maybe 50 phones.

Issue: When a conference is ongoing (meetme), if a call is placed to a PRI #
(CALLER A) the audio from the conference is heard by that caller while the #
they dialed is ringing in the background.  The opposite also occurs where an
outside caller will be heard in the conference channel as well.
Frequency: 2-3 times per week, random, cannot seem to duplicate
Audio: The crosstalk is always 1 way audio - Caller A can hear 1 person from
the conference rather than the group.   Or sometimes the conference can hear
Caller A speaking but not the party the caller is speaking to.

Question: What tools do you chaps in the field use to identify the audio
routing and close in on the causes of crosstalk?

Is crosstalk a rare anomaly or something seen quite often and fixable?

Maybe if I can duplicate the issue I can glean more of what's actually
happening to cause it in the first place...but at this point, it's rather
difficult selling a customer on a phone system which randomly will broadcast
private calls to a conference... :(

Many thanks for any assistance!