[asterisk-users] dahdi-channels.conf -v- chan_dahdi.conf

listuser at spamomania.co.uk listuser at spamomania.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 06:37:59 CST 2009

Some recent issues I had with hardware seem to come back to not
understanding two very similarly named files:

/etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

I've modified the chan_dahdi.conf to work now, but it would appear all I
needed to do was include dahdi-channels.conf in chan_dahdi.conf and the
problem would not have persisted? Is it me or is that a bit Monty
Python?

/etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sun Dec 13 18:13:02 2009
; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
; your manual changes will be LOST.
; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)
;
; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
intended
; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global
settings
;

; Span 1: WCFXO/0 "Wildcard X100P Board 1" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCFXO/0/0 FXSKS  (SWEC: MG2)"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-pstn