[asterisk-users] digest authentication method and the realm domain

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 00:27:54 CST 2009

Hi All;

When using the digest authentication method, so I have to create the realm domain with its username and passwords to be used for SIP digest authentication, correct?

Now, how to create this domain? Should be reachable (can be ping) from a remote device?

In other words, to create this realm domain, do I need to do a configuration on the linux, or only this to be done at the Asterisk configuration files, so I can reach this domain from the remote machines?

I am really in need for a help in this topic, as I did not find enough information.

Any help?

Regards
Bilal Ghayad