[asterisk-users] ISDN: Inband DTMF doesn't trigger transfer feature

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Dec 14 10:52:40 CST 2009

Hi there,

I just upgraded a relatively old Asterisk installation (1.2) in our
office to a relatively new version (1.6svn from last wednesday) which
runs a Junghans QuadBRI card [1].

To get this flying I got dahdi-linux, dahdi-tools and libpri from SVN as
well.

After a while of juggling it "works".

What doesn't work: connected ISDN devices (Gigaset phones connected to
QuadBRI with a port in NT mode, signalling via bri_net_ptmp) can not
transfer calls by pressing "#". SIP phones can.

I'm at a point where I can't even get *any* output to debug. I went
through the relevant configs as good as I can a couple of times but am
out of ideas. I'm guessing that this is somehow related to either
Asterisk not being able to monitor the call for inband DTMF (which I can
prove how?) or something in the relatively new bri_net_ptmp code that
breaks it (which I can't prove either).

A pointer how to debug this further would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian

[1] lspci output of QuadBRI

02:0c.0 ISDN controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
Controller [HFC-4S] (rev 01)

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com