[asterisk-users] Is this bad hardware? Dahdi-v-X100 clone

listuser at spamomania.co.uk listuser at spamomania.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 10:28:08 CST 2009

I've spent a week playing with Asterisk 1.6 and I love it. What a
brilliant piece of software!

Progress and learning have been reasonably good. I have external SIP
provider calls coming in and have put together a little call platform
and I'm stunned at the flexibility.

There is one issue for me. I took me a while to click that ZAPTEL now
equals Dahdi, but now I'm there I have an issue with the a X100 clone
card that I have been told *not* to mention as I'm guaranteed a hostile
response :-< So, I've put on my flameproof pants to ask a simple
question:

dahdi show status gives a red alarm. I'm guessing this means the card is
unable to detect the battery. I've plugged a test but into the loop
through on the card, dialtone is there. I've tried reversing the
polarity, two way/three way jack leads (I'm in the UK) but none the less
I get:

Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
Fra Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard X100P Board 1                   RED     0      0      0
CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Is this likely to be bad hardware (hostility towards this cheap card
noted) or software/driver?

It would be just ace to crack this problem and learn some more.

Thanks
Bob.