[asterisk-users] Asterisk & Zaptel setup on vserver

gurel kaynak gurelkaynak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:53:40 CST 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to setup asterisk with zaptel for the last 3-4 days. I had
a lot of errors and fixed all of them but asterisk still didn't work. Then I
saw that zaptel couldn't be loaded because I was on a vserver and I didn't
have the devices under /dev/zap/. I asked the system guys to install zaptel,
they did but now I am getting this error only:

[Dec 14 16:59:39] ERROR[2986] asterisk.c: You have Zaptel built and drivers
loaded, but the Zaptel timer test failed to set ZT_TIMERCONFIG to 160.

The code where this error lies is this:

int fd;
-		int x = 160;
-		fd = open("/dev/dahdi/timer", O_RDWR);
+		fd = open(DAHDI_FILE_TIMER, O_RDWR);
 		if (fd >= 0) {
 			if (ioctl(fd, DAHDI_TIMERCONFIG, &x)) {
-				ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "You have DAHDI built and drivers loaded, but
the DAHDI timer test failed to set DAHDI_TIMERCONFIG to %d.\n", x);
+				ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "You have " DAHDI_NAME
+						" built and drivers loaded, but the "
+						DAHDI_NAME " timer test failed to set DAHDI_TIMERCONFIG to %d.\n", x);
 				exit(1);
 			}

The problem has something to do with ioctl function.

I run:

sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -cv as root.

The installation is not a deb package. It was compiled by our ex-developer
and left broken with a lot of errors.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

--