[asterisk-users] Asterisk Queue Dialplan

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Mon Dec 14 07:41:58 CST 2009

Daniel Stefanus wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to reconfigure my asterisk dialplan.I have a problem.I have 4
> agents in a queue.How is the configuration for the asterisk dialplan if
> I want to have only 4 agents maximum who can receive the phone,so if the
> fifth caller try to entering the queue they will be noted by my IVR that
> all our agents are busy?Thank you so much for this millis,it really
> helpful especially for a newbie like me.
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

What do you want to have happen?

Normally you put the caller into the queue and when one of your agents
become available the caller will be sent to him.

If you don't want to put the fifth caller into the queue then I'd
suggest looking at the GROUP* functions to keep count of the number of
callers.

Barry